Nevado Santa Isabel trek from Pereira / Manizales
With our experience of high snowy mountain of Santa Isabel You will have the opportunity to interact with one of the millenary glaciers of Colombia. A unique ecosystem in the Andes mountains, that will disappear because the global warming consequences. Come and discover this destination before its extinction!
Description of Nevado Santa Isabel trek from Pereira / Manizales
Nevado Santa Isabel, an endangered ecosystem
At Coffee Region you can enjoy the density and magnitude of this magical glacier Nevado Santa Isabel, where you can experience different thermal floors while doing the tour, making this a unique experience in Colombia.
It ascends to 4750 mamsl.
The route takes a hiking up and down approximately 6 km at a height between 4,500 and 4,750 metres above mean sea level.
Our high mountain specialized guides will give you all the support and care needed, so you can have an excellent experience.
Ascend to Nevado Santa Isabel it's a truly unique activity in the Coffee Cultural Landscape. Just a little bit of will and desire to spend a day in the middle of incredible landscapes, while you learn about the Fauna and Flora from this region.
- Having direct contact with the snow depends strictly on the weather conditions of the day, this region has quite drastic variations in the weather, so touch the snow is not granted.
- If at 1 in the afternoon (13 PM) you have not reached the edge of the glacier on the hike; you must make the descent from the point where you are, since this is a direct condition of the Nevados National Natural Park.
The meeting points are defined according to the place of lodging of the client or his place of origin.
- Pereira: Self-service GyG Plaza de Bolivar
- Manizales: Villa Maria transport terminal
What includes? Snowy Tour Santa Isabel from Pereira / Manizales
- Transport in specialized cars (4 × 4 trucks) round trip from the starting point in Pereira or Manizales.
- Feeding: breakfast, lunch, caloric snacks and hydration.
- Entrance to Los Nevados National Natural Park.
- Specialized guide of High mountain.
- Hiking on the foot of the mountain and board the glacier.
- Travel assistance card.
- Expenses not specified in the plan
- Promotional rate applies for groups of 7 people
- For foreigners, a supplement of COP 28,000 applies for admission to National Natural Parks
Itinerary of Santa Isabel Snowy Tour from Pereira / Manizales
Recommendations for Santa Isabel Snowy Tour from Pereira / Manizales
We recommend you to wear very comfortable clothes (lycra), so that it does not store moisture and your body keeps body temperature; comfortable shoes (boots or tennis with very good adhesion).
It is recommended that minors ascend with the permission of their parents or in the company of them.
Pregnant women or people with heart conditions should refrain from this experience.
Here is a list of recommendations:
- Prepare to walk
- Wear comfortable shoes that cover it from the cold.
- Cap, good coat, gloves and raincoat.
- And if you wish, prepare your camera to capture stunning images.
- Identification documents.
Get to know the Santa Isabel Snowy
Excellent experience to learn and enjoy the high mountain Colombian Meet lush landscapes, experience new sensations at more than 4,500 meters above sea level, recreate yourself in natural environments, Live this incredible experience with Colombiatours.travel
How to get to the snowy Santa Isabel
Access by Caldas
Access through the municipality of Villamaría (Caldas), via the road to Papayal (Condor Route), La Laguna, La Cueva sector (National Parks cabin) to the Conejeras sector.
Access by Risaralda
Since Santa Rosa de Cabal on the road that passes through the hot springs of San Vicente to the sector of Potosí (National Parks cabin) on a road.
The Coffee Cultural Landscape was recognized by UNESCO as World Heritage thanks to the natural wealth it contains and the culture it characterizes. The carriel, the poncho, the hat, the friendliness of the locals, the beauty of their women, their charming villages and many other things make this a unique place, which also offers us the best coffee, that without which we can not start the day.
Here it is also possible to find multiple climates and ecosystems, thanks to its geographical conditions, becoming a world biodiversity conservation zone. It will always be possible to be surprised by the beauty of the snow-capped mountains or the butterfly garden, in which about 1500 butterflies of 50 species live.