Updated March 12, 2020
Cancellation policy for experiences, activities or stays (Activities carried out in one day)
If you wish to cancel a reservation made through the ColombiaTours.Travel platform or any of our service and support channels, you must make your cancellation request fifteen (15) full days before the day your experience is scheduled. For example, if your experience is scheduled for May 1 at 6:00 p.m., cancel before April 16 at 00:00 a.m. To request a refund of the money you paid for your experience, you must formally request it through the email indicated by the travel agent who advised you, the area in charge will study the case and may provide the following solutions: refund the 100% of the value paid, retain a certain percentage, collect the 100% penalty of the canceled value or reschedule your activity subject to availability, if both parties agree. As stipulated in law 300 of 1996, modified by law 1101 of 2006 in articles 65 and 68.
If you cancel the experience less than Fifteen (15) days in advance, the value of the payment you made is NOT refundable, but you have the possibility to use the canceled value as a credit to book another experience. The previous balance will be taken as credit as long as the canceled activity does not have any penalty on the part of the operator. The validity of this credit is 30 days from the cancellation.
If you do not show up on the day of the experience or activity at the appointed time, the value of the payment you made is NOT refundable and you will NOT be entitled to use this value as credit for another experience.
This cancellation policy will determine whether or not you RECEIVE a full refund. Please note that your experience is only officially canceled when you receive an email from us confirming the cancellation and status of your refund.
If you have any questions or need help, do not hesitate to contact us.
Cancellation policy for circuits and packages
For the cancellation of reservations made through our personalized support channel, the following cases must be taken into account:
(1) Cancellations or changes with thirty (30) business days in advance on paid reservations, have a penalty of 40% of the total value of the package, the request must be made through the mail that your travel agent provides.
(2) Cancellations or changes between Fifteen (15) and Eight (8) days before the departure date, there is a penalty of 100% of the total value of the package, you can reprogram the date of your trip as long as the providers do not charge the penalty.
(3) Airline tickets for commercial airlines or charter flights included in the reservation are NOT refundable. In case of cancellation, the flights will be in the name of the reservation takers who will be able to make use of the tickets in a period of 1 year, paying the penalties and rate changes to which it gives rise at the time of being used.
The reimbursement of accommodation will be applied in accordance with the terms of the Hotel's cancellation policies.
Once the trip has started, the services included in the plan and not used will NOT be refundable unless the cancellation is verified due to illness duly certified by EPS or the death of the passenger. For foreign passengers, medical certificate.
In the event of any difficulty, either before or during the trip by one or more of the providers included in it, the organizer agrees to take whatever steps are available to the benefit of passengers affected by it. kind of situations.
The client agrees to inform all the terms of this contract and the changes regarding the reservation to each of the passengers that make up his travel group.
Liability of the traveler
The responsibilities of the trip participants include:
- Selecting a trip suitable to your interests and abilities.
- Determine that destinations and activities are appropriate for them.
- Determine that your health and physical fitness to undertake the journey and activities are adequate.
- The acquisition of passports, visas and vaccines when necessary.
- Ensuring adequate insurance coverage.
- Carry appropriate clothing and equipment.
- Ensure the security of personal belongings that you will take on the trip.
It is strictly forbidden to carry out behaviors that interfere with the safety and comfort of other participants, such as the consumption of hallucinogenic drugs and alcohol in excess, the use of the services of accompanying women or men (prostitution). It is not tolerable within a trip with ColombiaTours.Travel, the use of minors for this type of services, is penalized by the authorities in Colombia and is immediate cause for expulsion from the trip.