The Tatacoa desert
See magical realism inColombiaAn ancient air circulates by the The Tatacoa desertone of the landscapes more astonishing the world, where you will find a great diversity of flora and fauna, hard-to-see in other parts of the country.
Let yourself be amazed by their magical starry nights.
Description of the Tatacoa desert
Plan from Pereira, Tatacoa desert.
Fate of living nature.
For those who want to have direct contact with mother earth, without a doubt, dry tropical forest The Tatacoabetter known asthe Tatacoa desertIt is a place full of life, from large birds of prey to small reptiles. This place is the second most extensive arid zone of Colombia, is a strategic point for the Astronomy post your location on the globe visitors have the opportunity to see the southern hemisphere and North in terms of themes of astronomy, this place in the Department of the Huilais bordered by two municipalities AIPE and Villavieja, which are populated by friendly people a unique adventure will make it your experience.
If you want to know more about this mystical place get Click here.
What includes? Desert Tatacoa
- Lodging in double occupancy room from 2 nights 3 days.
- Transport Pereira - Pereira - Tatacoa desert.
- Meals: 3 breakfasts and 3 lunches.
- Remembrance del turn
- Activities and experiences included in the package:
- Trail cuzco
- Sendero de los Hoyos
- paleontological museum
- astronomical talk
- tour chalupa.
- Coordinator tourist and area native guide
does not include
- Expenses not specified in the plan
- Environmental and tourist tax (15.000 COP approx)
Itinerary Tatacoa Desert
Recommendations for the Tatacoa desert
This tourist destination It contains too much life and is an area with very temperate climate, so you must go take account of the following recommendations to enjoy it to the fullest and not harm the environment:
- Repellent in bar (not in Spray).
- Linen white or light colors, since the dark clothing attracts more mosquitoes.
- Take umbrella or umbrella to cover the Sol in walks
- Drink plenty of water before the tour during and after the visit
- Towel for the pool moments
- Protector head: hats or caps
- Comfortable clothes that cover Sun preferably licrada.
- Comfortable shoes preferably boot type.
- Do not drink tap water
Operating conditions to take into account:
- We work with one of the best hotels in Old Villa hotel has a swimming pool, air conditioning and individual rooms for single accommodation has a supplement of 30% on the final value of the Tour with Preflight Availability
- Rate applies for group departures dates set by the operator and are promotional fares
- The power supply is operated by means of bonuses which you can redeem in our restaurant of Convention, this with the purpose that you have the freedom to take your food in the schedule that you want, taking into account the recommended schedules
- The traveller must be punctual at the meeting points since the tours or experiences have their very specific outputs and go out with people who are at the point and time.
- This is a group output which meet all the recommendations of the guides or tour coordinators
- always carry with you your identity document
Accommodation: The accommodation thatthe operator uses the Tatacoa is the Real Dream Hotel two blocks from the central square with which it has business relations for three years, is comfortable and most rooms have private bathrooms and air conditioning. Which do not have this, they have fan ensures that maintained in perfect condition and toilet.
His clear and starry skies make it a magnificent astronomical observatory. You can camp in designated areas, as well as enjoy other types of accommodation.
It has two paths: Cuzco and Lo Hoyos; It has eroded cliffs and canyons of ocher and gray colors, formed by low rainfall and winds.
The activities of visitors varies according to their interests: can walk nature trails, ride four-wheelers, bicycles or swimming in natural pools.
In its 330 Km2 climate is semiarid, the temperature can reach on a day to nearly 40 ° C and little wildlife have adapted to the extreme weather conditions.