Silleteros Tour in Santa Elena
Enjoy the Silleteros Tour in Santa Elena that begins with a cable trip to the Arví Eco Tourist Regional Park; know all about the preparation of the saddles and the Silletera Culture visiting a peasant family of silletero origin.
Book now and live Medellin!
Description of Silleteros Tour in Santa Elena
Silleteros Tour in Santa Elena
Meet the best of Medellín at La Fería de las Flores
Medellin It is distinguished by being one of the best producers of flowers in the country, because of its Flower Fair; which can you live in the corregimiento of st. Helen, where we will enjoy all the silletera tradition, anecdotes, stories, culture and we will also learn to elaborate the traditional saddles that deceive the streets of Medellin in the traditional Silleteros parade; in which the participants in the annual flower fair use $600,000 flowers to create giant images of animals, people and objects.
He Arví Eco Tourist Regional Park it is the ideal place to live the nature, located in the corregimiento of st. Helen Municipality of Medellin, can be reached by traveling in the Arví Tourist Cable 4.6 km long; during this tour you can enjoy the panoramic views of the city, the landscapes of the Eco Arví Tourist Park, the preparation of saddles, its history and anecdotes. Get to know the Silletera Culture closely visiting a peasant family of silletero origin resident in rural area of the Corregimiento, declared Cultural Patrimony of the Nation.
Tour Duration: 6 HOURS
What includes? Silleteros Tour in Santa Elena
- Transportation in special tourism vehicles.
- Visit to a family estate of silletera tradition, in rural area of the corregimiento of st. Helen and learn about making saddles, their history, anecdotes, flower growing.
- Mountain snack
- Driver or companion guide during the tour.
- Medical assistance card
- Natural environment and tourist eco.
- Spectacular panoramic views of the city of Medellin and landscapes of native forest
- Expenses not specified in the plan
Silleteros Tour Itinerary in Santa Elena
Recommendations of Silleteros Tour in Santa Elena
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes & #8211; wear sunscreen, glasses, coat, cap or hat.
- Prior reservation is required, bring a camera.
- Be friendly with the environment, protect the architectural and cultural heritage, attend the guide's guidance, be punctual.
- Take into account that the vehicle must meet a tourist route so it will travel through several hotels in the city, before starting the tour.
- Always carry your Original Identity documents.
- If you are going to make your payments by credit card, show the documentation that accredits you as the cardholder.
- The output is subject to the operation of the Metro Cable of the Arví Park.
Silletera Culture in Medellín
The Silletera cultural manifestation brings together around 500 families - more than two thousand people - who carry peasant and artistic knowledge and practices around flowers and transport tools known as saddle and loader, which have been transmitted for several generations for approximately 150 years
Origin of the Silleteros Parade
In 1906 an entity called Public Improvement Society of Medellin held an event called “Annual Exhibition of Flowers, Fruits and Vegetables”, later in 1917 the “Flower Festival” as an activity focused on private and exclusive events for the wealthiest sector of the city.
The first Flower Fair, which lasted five days and began on May 1, 1957, was organized by the Office of Tourism and Development of Medellín, who invited 40 silleteros from st. Helen, which traditionally arrived on weekends to sell their products in different neighborhoods and churches of the city.