Be briliant be cool, bienvenido a Colombia
Nevado Santa Isabel Visita desde Pereira
Nevado Santa Isabel Visita desde Pereira
Snowy Santa Isabel, an Endangered Ecosystem
At the Coffee Region, you can enjoy the density and magnitude of this magical place, El Nevado Santa Isabel glacier, where you can experience different thermal floors while doing the tour, making this a unique experience in Colombia
It ascends to 4750 m.a.s.l
The route takes a walk up and down approximately 6 km at a height between 4,500 and 4,750 meters above sea level.
Our specialized guides in High Mountain Trekking will give you all the support and help so that you can have an excellent experience.
Experiencing the ascent to Snowy Santa Isabel is a truly unique experience in the Coffee Region of Colombia. It just takes a little bit of will power and adventurous spirit to spend a whole day in the middle of these incredible landscapes. All this while you learn about the unique fauna and flora of the Colombian Coffee Region
- Having contact with the snow depends strictly on the weather conditions of the day, this region has quite drastic variations in its weather, so contact with the snow is unpredictable.
- If at 1 pm (1:00 pm) you have not reached the edge of the glacier on the hike; you must make the descent from the point where you are, since this is a direct condition of the Nevados National Natural Park.
The meeting points are defined according to the place of lodging of the client or their place of origin.
- Pereira: Self-service GyG Plaza de Bolivar
- Manizales: Villa Maria transport terminal
Reservar Nevado Santa Isabel Visita desde Pereira
Reserva en línea de forma segura y recibe soporte de nuestro equipo
Viajes Únicos como tú
¿Qué incluye Nevado Santa Isabel Visita desde Pereira?
For you to enjoy the Snowy Santa Isabel we have prepared this plan for you:
- Transportation in specialized vehicles (4 × 4 trucks) round trip from the starting point in Pereira or Manizales.
- Meals: breakfast, lunch, caloric snacks and hydration.
- Entrance to Los Nevados National Natural Park.
- Specialized guide in High mountain.
- Hiking by the foot of the mount and the edge of the glacier.
- Traveler medical assistance card.
- Expenses not specified in the plan
- Para extranjeros se debe aplicar un suplemento de 37.500 COP por ingreso a Parques Nacionales Naturales (se paga dentro del Parque)
Itinerario de Nevado Santa Isabel Visita desde Pereira
At 4:30 am everyone meets at the meeting point (Restaurant G y G) next to the Bolivar Plaza in Pereira, and in Manizales at the Terminal. At both of these locations, there is a restaurant open 24 hours a day so this will give you the opportunity to arrive a little bit early and have a coffee with our staff and with the other travelers, and start a conversation. Overall the groups are made up of individuals, couples, and families who have previously registered for the day. After making a brief presentation among the participants and giving some basic recommendations, we begin our tour on board of the 4X4 vehicles. We start heading towards Nevados National Natural Park.
At approximately 7:30 am we arrive at one of the peasant inns where we will have breakfast. A typical breakfast, made in wood, prepared by one of the families that inhabits the area near the PNN Los Nevados. On this site, after breakfast and while doing a brief acclimatization activity, we will know a little about the lifestyle and high mountain production systems, just before entering the conservation area.
En este punto encontramos uno o varios funcionarios de Parques Nacionales Naturales, quienes brindan información sobre el área y el comportamiento que debemos tener durante nuestra permanencia en ella. En este punto se realiza el recaudo de la tarifa de ingreso al parque, la cual está destinada a el fortalecimiento del sistema nacional ambiental. Antes de iniciar el recorrido por el sendero, realizamos un estiramiento dirigido por el o los guías, quienes a su vez brindan información y recomendaciones para el recorrido que está próximo a iniciar.
During the ascent we will travel 3.5 kilometers away, to reach approximately 4,700 meters above sea level. This tour usually takes between 2 and 3 hours. During the tour, several rest and acclimatization stops are made, in which our environmental guide-interpreter shares information about the area, fauna and Flora, High Mountain Trekking etc.
As we ascend the oxygen becomes more and more scarce and fatigue is accentuated by the slope of the paramo, however, the majesty and beauty of the landscape invites us to continue advancing in the conquest of the mountain, to live this great experience of knowing one of the few glaciers that we still have in Colombia.
Por lo general es mucho más rápido (1.5 horas aprox), caminamos de regreso hasta conejeras para abordar nuevamente los vehículos y desplazarnos hasta la posada campesina donde tomaremos el almuerzo (3:00 pm aprox). A continuación del almuerzo, realizamos una breve retroalimentación de la actividad y retomamos el recorrido en los vehículos hasta la ciudad de Pereira (fin del recorrido 6:00 pm aprox).
Recomendaciones Nevado Santa Isabel Visita desde Pereira
We recommend you to wear very comfortable clothes (lycra) so that it does not store moisture and you can regulate body temperature; also comfortable shoes (boots or tennis with appropriate soles).
Minors must ascend with the permission of their parents or in the company of them.
Pregnant women or people with heart conditions are not allowed in these types of tours.
Here is a list of recommendations:
- Prepare to walk
- Wear comfortable shoes that will cover your feet and protect them from the cold
- Cap, good coat, gloves and raincoat.
- And if you wish, prepare your camera to capture stunning images.
- Identification documents (ID's).