Snowy Santa Isabel Visit from Pereira / Manizales
With our package of High Snowy Mountain of Santa Isabel you will have the opportunity to interact with one of the millenary glaciers of Colombia. A unique ecosystem in the Andes Mountains, prone to disappear due to global warming. Come and discover a destination in danger of extinction!
Description of Snowy Santa Isabel Visit from Pereira / Manizales
Snowy Santa Isabel, an Endangered Ecosystem
At the Coffee Region, you can enjoy the density and magnitude of this magical place, El Nevado Santa Isabel glacier, where you can experience different thermal floors while doing the tour, making this a unique experience in Colombia
It ascends to 4750 m.a.s.l
The route takes a walk up and down approximately 6 km at a height between 4,500 and 4,750 meters above sea level.
Our specialized guides in High Mountain Trekking will give you all the support and help so that you can have an excellent experience.
Experiencing the ascent to Snowy Santa Isabel is a truly unique experience in the Coffee Region of Colombia. It just takes a little bit of will power and adventurous spirit to spend a whole day in the middle of these incredible landscapes. All this while you learn about the unique fauna and flora of the Colombian Coffee Region
- Having contact with the snow depends strictly on the weather conditions of the day, this region has quite drastic variations in its weather, so contact with the snow is unpredictable.
- If at 1 pm (1:00 pm) you have not reached the edge of the glacier on the hike; you must make the descent from the point where you are, since this is a direct condition of the Nevados National Natural Park.
The meeting points are defined according to the place of lodging of the client or their place of origin.
- Pereira: Self-service GyG Plaza de Bolivar
- Manizales: Villa Maria transport terminal
What does it include? Snowy Santa Isabel Visit from Pereira / Manizales
For you to enjoy the Snowy Santa Isabel we have prepared this plan for you:
- Transportation in specialized vehicles (4 × 4 trucks) round trip from the starting point in Pereira or Manizales.
- Meals: breakfast, lunch, caloric snacks and hydration.
- Entrance to Los Nevados National Natural Park.
- Specialized guide in High mountain.
- Hiking by the foot of the mount and the edge of the glacier.
- Traveler medical assistance card.
- Expenses not specified in the plan
- Promotional rate applies for groups of 7 people
- For foreigners, a supplement of 30,000 COP must be applied for admission to National Natural Parks (paid within the Park)
Itinerary of Snowy Santa Isabel Visit from Pereira / Manizales
Recommendations of Snowy Santa Isabel Visit from Pereira / Manizales
Things to take into account during the ascent to the Snowy Santa Isabel
We recommend you to wear very comfortable clothes (lycra) so that it does not store moisture and you can regulate body temperature; also comfortable shoes (boots or tennis with appropriate soles).
Minors must ascend with the permission of their parents or in the company of them.
Pregnant women or people with heart conditions are not allowed in these types of tours.
Here is a list of recommendations:
- Prepare to walk
- Wear comfortable shoes that will cover your feet and protect them from the cold
- Cap, good coat, gloves and raincoat.
- And if you wish, prepare your camera to capture stunning images.
- Identification documents (ID's).
We share the experience of our friend Mike in the Snowy Santa Isabel
Get to know the Santa Isabel Snowy
Excellent experience to learn and enjoy the High Mountain Trekking Colombian. Get to know lush landscapes, experience new sensations at more than 4,500 meters above sea level, recreate yourself in natural environments, live this incredible experience with Colombiatours.travel
How to get to the snowy Santa Isabel
Access by Caldas
Access by the municipality of Villamaría (Caldas), by the road to Papayal (Condor Route), La Laguna, La Cueva sector (National Parks cabin) to the Conejeras sector.
Access by Risaralda
From Santa Rosa de Cabal on the road that passes through the hot springs of San Vicente to the sector of Potosí (National Parks cabin) on a road.