Tour to Guatapé from Medellín
Now is the time to get to know one of the most colorful towns in the world! Tour to Guatape, located in Antioquia, Colombia,is a wonderful Paisa Town that you deserve to know for its authenticity. Come and visit Piedra del Peñol and the beautiful streets that surround it. Come and live this magical experience!
Description Tour to Guatapé from Medellín
Piedra del Peñol
Come and visit the department of Antioquia, Colombia ; and be part of the Tour to Guatapé , this is a town located 79km east from Medellin, which is the capital of Antioquia. This is a destination with incredible tourist attractions like Peñol de Guatapé , a stone mass 220 meters high with 700 steps, go and take on the challenge! Climb to the top of this imposing Peñol monolith . The Peñol of Guatapé Reservoir With 2,262 hectares of land flooded to give way to one of the most important hydroelectric plants in the country, there you can enjoy an excellent tour to know the Flora and fauna around the island, and don't forget to take a walk through the streets of Guatape, you will find engravings in the skirting boards of the sides of the houses and other buildings full of color representing traditions that tell the story of the natives and the Spanish colonization.
GROUP DEPARTURES EVERY DAY
What does it include? Tour to Guatapé from Medellín
- Transportation by special tourist vehicle.
- Snack in the morning.
- Visit to the municipalities: Nuevo Peñol and Guatapé.
- Visit to the replica of Old Peñol.
- Visit the Stone of the Peñol (It does not include your ascent, you pay at the destination).
- Tour of the streets of Guatape, observation of the baseboards and cultural heritage
- Visit to craft stores (Plazoleta de los Zócalos).
- Tour Guide
- Medical assistance card
- Family atmosphere.
Expenses not specified in the plan
Itinerary of Tour to Guatapé from Medellín
Recommendations for Tour to Guatapé from Medellín
- Remember to wear comfortable clothes and shoes, do not forget to bring your, glasses, coat, hat and sunscreen for added protection.
- Prior reservation is required, bring a camera! Capture unique moments in Guatape
- Be environmentally-friendly, protect the architectural and cultural heritage, attend the guide's guidance, and be punctual.
- Take into account that the vehicle must meet a tourist route so it will travel through several hotels in the city, before starting the tour.
- Always have your Original Identity documents (ID's) handy.
- If you are going to make your payments using a credit card, show the documentation that accredits you as the cardholder.