Snowy Ruiz Plan from Manizales or Pereira
Visit Nevado del Ruiz, an amazing place for its magical natural landscapes and great wealth in endemic fauna and flora, an activity that you deserve to live. Come and admire this beautiful place and discover why it is the treasure of the Coffee Region.
Description of Snowy of Ruiz Plan from Manizales or Pereira
The Wonderful Snowy Ruiz
High mountain tour
Located in the central mountain range the Nevado del Ruiz is an excellent natural destination for its ecosystem of high mountains, in which it is possible to see diverse landscapes ; from the Andean jungle with lush vegetation to the paramo with the indelible badge of the Frailejones, and Cojin plants that regulate the water cycle.
This beautiful National Park houses the most important water reserve of the Coffee Region, what makes this place a natural sanctuary, is not only the water but also its great diversity of species that can be observed; which include the moorbird, hummingbird, the snowy parakeet, the Andean condor, the mountain danta, and the puma; among other beautiful species.
This plan welcomes you with a delicious country breakfast that will give you enough energy to make the journey to the Valley of the Tombs (4,350 m.a.s.l), a place to which access is enabled, but no further up, this due to the volcanic activity of the place, and from which it is possible to observe the glacier. Later, after the descent, you will receive a delicious lunch to finish the long journey, from 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
What does it include?
- Entrance to the Park
- Thermal bath; Hot Spring Sector Hotel
- Specialized guide
- Medical assistance policy
- Expenses not specified in the plan.
- Promotional rate applies for groups of 7 people
- For foreigners, there is a supplement of $28,000 COP for entry to Natural National Parks
Itinerary of Snowy Ruiz Plan from Manizales or Pereira
Recommendations for the Snowy of Ruiz Plan from Manizales or Pereira
Every person in good health is able to ascend the mountain.
- Do not come up with children under 6 years and those between 6 and 18 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult, people 70 years and older can not make the ascent, or people with heart, respiratory, blood pressure, or pregnant women
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages or abuse of cigarettes.
- Do not litter, or collect samples of flora or fauna.
- From 4,000 m.a.s.l do not run or shake too much.
- Always travel on the authorized trails within the Park, without altering, modifying or removing signs, notices, fences, and cairns;
- Do not cause damage to the facilities, equipment and constituent values of the area.
- Attend to the requirements and recommendations of the official of the unit of the national park.
- Use the service of the professional guides specialized in the park, who will provide the appropriate information, always ensuring your safety, assistance, acclimatization, and adaptation to better assimilate the conditions of the hight.